Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Waiting

Still waiting to hear if we got the place or not. Talked to the rent screening people and they should have it sent to the property people this afternoon. Hope to sign the lease and start moving stuff in tomorrow.

After some serious job drama, I do officially have the job. Because of some trouble I got in last July the temp agency wasn't sure if they would be able to hire me for liability reasons, but I assured them that everything in my past was taken care of. The temp agency reassured me that the company that I'll be working for knows about my past, likes me a lot, and actually wants me for the job. Lots of red tape to deal with and in the end they did a background check and I am A-O-K.

I start next Monday. I still can't believe that I'll make over $100 a day for working. The best I've ever done was $66 a day. Just to feel like I'm worth that much is awesome. If people thought I worked hard for $8 an hour, wait until they see what I can do now.

I'm so nervous about the new job. My first career job. I'm just SO NERVOUS.

I look forward to reading this post a week from today and seeing if I still feel nervous about the job.

I hope I like the job, but I'm the kind of person where liking the job doesn't really matter. Finding pride in the work you doing is what's important. Anyone who knows me would probably say I'm lazy, but the truth is, I know when to rest, and I know when to work. When I'm working, I work hard and long. I sweat and take few breaks. When I'm not working, I'm not working.

I like to think that I maximize my energy to output ratio.

Well, it's time to use some energy and output some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment