Saturday, June 23, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

So I've been really lazy about blogging lately. I wish I could say it's because I've been SUPER busy getting things ready for the baby and having lots of adventures but mostly I've been napping on the couch. So here's a photodump blog for you viewing pleasure of our Memorial Day Weekend.


Collin and I took a trip to Seattle to visit his mother's side of the family. Since his Mom passed we haven't visited them nearly as much as we should so we took the long Memorial weekend to rectify that. 

Our first day there, Saturday was absolutely gorgeous for Seattle. Pretty gorgeous for anywhere really, mid-80s and sunny. I started the morning taking pictures in Collin's Uncle Clay's garden.







Then we drove north to Mount Vernon to visit Collin's grandmother and then to Whidbey Island/Deception Pass to go on a hike and visit his mother's resting place.


Her couch was so deep I was having trouble sitting in it for the picture. Being pregnant makes for some awkward photos :-)













The next day we were absolutely exhausted from the day before and decided to keep it simple. We walked to get some coffee and found this awesome blue flowering tree. I'd never seen anything like it. There were millions of tiny blue flowers and bees everywhere. I love listening to the hum of bees in flowering trees/fields. Reminds me of working with canola in college. 


After some quick discussion we decided to take the day and drive down to Tacoma to visit Collin's grandfather too while we were in the area.

Collin's grandfather, Wayne, is one cool man. He's a WWII vet who loves music, computers and cameras. We always have so much fun when we visit him. There's always so much to talk about. Collin took the opportunity to take some pictures of his Grandpa's old cameras.



And I took the time to take some pictures of his Grandpa's flowers.





And I made sure to play piano for Grandpa Hooper. If I don't automatically do it he always makes sure to ask and I'm happy to please. 


We ended the trip with a family photo and a trip to get Chinese food with Collin's sister Marney. I didn't take any pictures though.

Grandpa, Grandson and Great-grandson (in utero) pretty sure I'm 23weeks pregnant in this picture.
It was a lovely trip and we were happy we were able to get over there to visit while I was still pregnant. Can't wait to visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment