Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our Babymoon

Collin and I decided to take a weekend trip and have a 'Babymoon'. It's a little something to help you celebrate each other and have a romantic moment before the baby is born. We went up to Spokane and ate some amazing food and stayed at The Davenport Hotel which is where we were married. We love it there so much!

On Saturday night we went to Shogun and had yummy hibachi steaks. The whole table was really social and we all got to know each other a little bit which was really nice. There was even another pregnant couple there due a few weeks before us. Sadly, the food and entertainment were so good we didn't take the time to take pictures. Oops!

My parents had a giftcard for The Davenport (which isn't really their 'thing') so they were awesome enough to give it to us to use. Collin was able to get us a beautiful room that included a $75 credit to be used at the hotel, which was beyond perfect because we had planned to have their Champagne Sunday Brunch the next morning.

When we checked into our room I was greeted by a lovely bouquet of flowers that Collin had waiting for me. It was smelled wonderful and was so sweet!



The room was beautiful and had three windows which gave us a great view of Downtown Spokane. 



We woke wonderfully refreshed on Sunday (even though I had not one but two charlie horses in the middle of the night) and got ready to go to brunch. I managed to take a 23 week belly picture before we went down, but I didn't take any pictures at brunch. I was too busy eating all the delicious foods!


We sat for two hours and ate until we couldn't eat anymore. I think Collin had 7 mimosas. It was a celebration so why not? They were free and he has always has a designated driver. I even celebrated a bit and had a mimosa of my own. My midwife gave me permission and it was wonderful. Our waiter was awesome and had a great sense of humor. He even gave Collin a mimosa to take back up to the room with us. Collin felt like a true baller. LOL





Since we were married at The Davenport on a Sunday and served brunch at our reception, going to their brunch is like having our wedding meal all over again! We love that we'll be able to take our son there when he's older and let him eat all the yummy things that were at Mommy and Daddy's wedding.

I made sure to take some pictures of the hotel's beautiful flower arrangement they had in the lobby before we checked out.





I seriously love it there and can't wait to go back again! Lucky for us my parents live in Cd'A and I'm sure that once Desmond is born they'll be happy to take him for a night so we can enjoy a romantic evening together. It couldn't have been a better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment