Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

It's 2am on Valentine's Day and I'm dealing with an epic case of nighttime morning sickness. It started with my evening snack and has continued thru my midnight snack. Not exactly how I planned to spend my early Valentine's Day, but c'est la vie.

I went downstairs to get  my midnight snack and found my husband had gotten my some potted lilies for V-Day. I felt like a naughty child peeking at my Christmas presents. But they are beautiful and smell even better so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

Valentine's Day is so different this year. Usually we drive up to Spokane and have brunch where we got married/engaged, but this year it just didn't seem like a good idea. Going to an all you can eat brunch with unlimited mimosas when you can't eat or drink anything just didn't sound like a good use of money. I honestly felt like it would be a waste.

So Collin is making me Toad in a Hole (egg in a basket to some) for breakfast tomorrow. I'm hoping my stomach will cooperate as I do love a good toad in a hole. My love also plans on making dinner. I do hope that I feel well enough to enjoy in the day.

I had hoped to do something for Collin, but it seems I lack the energy to even do things for myself these days. I'm hoping I'll dream something up that will be perfect. It's the little things in life and this day is all about reminding your loved ones how much you care. I know I can figure out a way to do that.

Well, it's 2:15 and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Time to put another episode of Gossip Girl on netflix and hit the hay.

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) V-Day! I hope you guys had a relaxing and peaceful day together. *^_^*

    ReplyDelete