Friday, April 27, 2012

285 of 1,000 Cranes

I am officially 28.5% of the way done with my goal of making 1,000 cranes for our baby.

In the week and half since I started this project I've managed to fold 285 tiny paper cranes. 

285 tiny paper cranes
5 colors down and I'm still not sure how many to go. 8 or 10 colors left by my count, but it's really hard to tell what all I'm dealing with as the paper in this tiny little box and you can't see the what's in the bottom. I guess it will be a surprise! 

I've had different #'s for each color so far ranging from at little as 33 all the way to 62. I'm interested to find out how many large cranes I'll have to make once the box is all done.

I finally figured out on the third color that if I don't pull the wings/puff the body out I can get more cranes 'nested' in a bag. I'm trying to protect them until I'm ready and ziplock bags seemed like the safest way to go.

I'm happy to be getting done with the lighter colors and making progress. I feel confident I should be able to get this done by June at the latest. Collin and I already have a plan to hang them as a 3-tiered chandelier/mobile. I think it's going to look amazing. I'm already proud. :-D

1 comment: