Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Obsession

Thanks to my good friend Sarah over at KnittedFoxTrot got me started on a whole new addiction.

Vintage Pyrex!!

This stuff is A-MA-ZING. It's milky glassware from the 1950s, 60s and 70s. It totally makes me feel like that awesome house wife when I use it.  It's totally oven, microwave,and  fridge safe. Just don't put it in the dish washer. I mean, you could put it in the dishwasher, but then pyrexics everywhere would cringe and shudder. You don't want that. But none of that matters as you wont have to put these in the dishwasher because with some know how they come clean easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. 

There is a color or pattern for everyone and the thrill of the hunt is incredible. Plus I do a lot of walking which I tell myself is good and makes going to EVERY thrift/vintage store I can find. We spend almost 4 hours over the past two days in three shops comparing and pricing pyrex. After our second day, we all came home quite happy.

Here is they very beginning of my vintage pyrex collection.


On our first venture out I got the 2cup Pyrex measuring glass. I had to get it because it has both imperial and metric measures on it. Which makes doing my weekly articles for BitchBuzz that much easier. 

The second day I fell in love with the two Snowflake Blue fridgies. One has a chipped lid, and I honestly paid too much for them, but I HAD to have them. I see a lot of the Primary fridgies, but not as much of the patterned stuff. I'm sure with some time I'll find a better lid.

I also picked up the 043 Snowflake with lid and a 474 Snowflake blue Cinderella casserole. It didn't have a lid but it was only $5 and in beautiful condition so I just couldn't pass it up.

So begins a what I feel will be long pyrex journey.

Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you describe it as the thrill of the hunt, hahaha.

    I also didn't realize vintage pyrex even existed . . . you've turned me onto a new curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, it was soooo fun Pyrex hunting with you and Kindra! Now we have something to hunt for when we go out to thrift stores. ^_^

    Hey, did you know Kindra has a blog? It's The Novice Crafter: http://www.thenovicecrafter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I walk into my kitchen my pulse races a little. Already used a fridge lid as a weigh boat for my food scale. So useful. So cute. True Love.

    ReplyDelete