Thursday, January 5, 2012

The only person in my way is me.

I'm on a mission to be the healthiest me I can be. I want to feel great and look a little better. I want my clothes to fit properly again. I want to prepare my body to be a vessel of life.

So today I hit the gym. ALL. BY. MYSELF! 
I was completely able to drink my water. No struggles for me!

After reading my editor Cate's blog 'Simple Tips on How to Be Happy' it just clicked. Something I've always known but never truly accepted. The only person standing in the way of who I want to be is me. 

No one is going to hold my hand and drive me to the gym. So I held my own hand for once and drove myself to the gym. The only way to loose my pooch from the holidays and stop my arms from jiggling in strange places is to work out. 

So I worked it out. Just me and Lady Gaga. While listening to Bad Kids the line, "Don't be insecure if your heart is pure." Just kept resonating with me.

I SHOULDN'T BE INSECURE!!!!

I AM BEAUTIFUL, AND LOVELY, AND CLEVER, AND FUNNY, AND SMART! I AM TOO GOOD TO BEAT MYSELF UP IN MY HEAD ALL THE TIME!

So today I ran 3.78 miles in 50 minutes. The machine said I burned 482 calories. I doubt that's accurate, but the # makes me happy anyway.

I am now 3.78 miles closer to being the healthiest me I can be.


2 comments: