Thursday, March 29, 2012

More crazy dreams

Last night I got a full 8 hours sleep in one go. No bathroom breaks, no midnight snacks. There is one side effect to all this sleeping I've found. I have more dreams. And they're not like my normal non-pregnant dreams. I understand why I have most of my dreams and it seems my mind is playing out all my worst and most irational fears to prepare me for motherhood. Most of my dreams are incredibly real and emotional now. No more fun 'I CAN FLY!' dreams.

Here's the latest batch of strangeness to come from my mind.


  • Had a dream I was a student in high school taking a class on how to be the best employee. There was this long list of things on the chalkboard about what made someone a better employee than the rest and I didn't have one quality on the board. Oddly I don't remember anything that was on the board, just that I didn't have any of it.
 *I'm pretty sure this one stems from my transition from a working person to housewife. *
  • A very emotional dream where I screwed up the knit pattern on a baby sweater I'm making and I had to rip the entire thing apart. I vividly remember crying in this dream over how upset and frustrated I was. I honestly thought the dream was real when I woke up and was really upset.
 *I was afraid to look at the sweater the next day for fear it was all true. Luckily it was all a horrible dream and my baby cardigan is coming together. I've gotten quite a few compliments and feel very proud to have made such a lovely gift.*
  • Collin and a gaggle of girls are all disagreeing with me and I have no way to talk to them. They're dismissing everything I say and treating me like a child. I got so upset by them not listening to what I have to say. I took my wedding ring off and threw it at Collin saying that if he agreed with them so much that he could be with them too. 
*Pretty sure this one is my fear of Collin and I disagreeing over circumcision and him siding with people other than me. I just can't stomach someone cutting at my baby's genitals for cosmetic reasons. We aren't religious we wont use that as a reason, so for us it would be cosmetic. I know there is anesthesia and that boys don't remember it, but I can't get around it.  It's hard holding your own opinion when everyone tells you how they disagree with it. But at the end of the day I believe in standing for what I believe in and only changing your opinion when someone can show you evidence to support their beliefs. Collin and I believe in compromise and I feel like we've found a way to solve our disagreement that meets both parties needs. So if we have a boy, Collin will take him in for the circumcision and care for it for the following week so that I don't have to be a part of something I don't feel comfortable with. Both parties happy.  I just keep hoping for a girl. ;-) *


2 comments:

  1. if you do have a boy, request the circumcision ring instead of just the straight clamp and cut. SO much less bloody. I wish I would have requested that. Poor Weston had a bloody mess in his diaper for days and was not happy. No fun. I know they won't remember later, but they feel it now :(

    I left that decision up to the hubby since I am not a guy and didn't feel qualified to ake that decision. but that's good you guys reached a compromise!

    And another tip, put the petrolium jelly on the diaper where the "goods" will touch rather than directly on him to keep the diaper from sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still praying for a girl. lol Just talking about it gives me the chills. I've actually cried while talking about it with people. I'm blaming the hormones.

      Delete